Are you putting on a helmet when you get on your motorcycle? It could save your life.
Riding a motorcycle can be an exhilarating experience. From the incredible views on your journeys to the rush you feel flying down the highway, riding a motorcycle is a one-of-a-kind feeling. However, if you neglect to wear your helmet while on a bike, you’re putting your life at risk.
Keep reading to learn more about the importance of wearing a motorcycle helmet. We’ll also talk about some of the current laws in place, including some eye-opening stats about the topic.
Motorcycle Laws in Arizona
In addition to state traffic laws, take a look at a few laws that pertain to motorcyclists:
- ARS 28-964 states that no one under 18 years of age can ride a motorcycle without a helmet. It also states that glasses, goggles, or a clear face shield should be used by the riders while moving.
- ARS 28-892 states that there must be a seat for the driver of the motorcycle and requires that there also must be a seat for the passenger.
- ARS 28-3101 says that a driver must have a motorcycle endorsement (Class M) to operate a motorcycle in the state.
To keep you and everyone on the road safe, it’s best to abide by these laws at all times while riding a motorcycle in Arizona.
Reasons to Wear a Helmet
Wearing a helmet should be a no-brainer for all of us. However, many people will still hit the road without putting this equipment on their heads. Check out a few more reasons why you should wear a helmet:
Helmets Save Lives
While it’s not law for those over 18 to wear a motorcycle helmet in Arizona, it is still the smart thing to do. According to the World Health Organization, among motorcyclists and bicyclists, injuries to the head or neck are the leading cause of death, serious injury, and disabilities. Simply wearing a helmet can prevent a severe injury or even death. In fact, here are a few recent statistics on the benefits of helmets:
- According to the CDC, helmets reduce the risk of death by 37%.
- Helmets limit the chance of a head injury by 69%.
- In 2018, nearly 1,700 people died while riding a motorcycle without a helmet.
These are pretty eye-opening stats. As the numbers indicate, simply wearing a helmet can save your life and greatly reduce the chance of injury!
They’re Highly Advanced
Another reason to throw on a motorcycle helmet is that they’re very advanced. Helmet technology has come a very long way in years past, and the helmets of today are built with amazing features and capabilities.
Furthermore, older motorcycle helmets were uncomfortable, and many motorcyclists would justify not wearing a helmet for that reason. Today, these helmets feel like pillows around your head. With the wide variety of helmets on the market, finding one that fits your comfort level is easier than ever before!
Injured in a Motorcycle Accident? Rep Law Can Help!
If you’ve been hurt in a motorcycle accident, it’s best to hire a lawyer to ensure your case is handled properly. Here at Rep Law, we’re happy to serve Arizona residents as a leading personal injury law firm. To work with a professional and knowledgeable lawyer in your area, contact us today!